Skinny-fied Mother’s Day!
It’s Mother’s Day! What better way to honor the woman who gave you life than with a fabulous day out! Since the weather is starting to warm up why not go for a walk to one of Chicago’s outdoor brunch venues? Follow these fun tips for keeping your Mother’s Day Skinny Social Certified.
1. Put on some comfy flats and get to walking! Find a place that is a little further than you would normally walk to. But don’t cheat and take a cab home after your meal!
2. Know the menu. Go in with a plan and think of those small cuts you can make to lower your calories (and make room for a mimosa!).
- Choose fruit as your side.
- Say no to sauces!
- Hold the cheese or chose a light choice.
- Egg whites are packed with protein.
- Share an entrée.
3. The best part of brunch, well at least for me, is having a mimosa. Try to make it a Skinny Champagne Cocktail by choosing a lower calorie mixer. Swap out the OJ for low-calorie Orange Juice, or Cranberry Juice. Making these small changes can make a huge difference!
Enjoy your Mother’s Day!