Most Bridesmaid dresses tend to show off those problem areas that we try so hard to hide. Since we have little say in the style it’s up to you to tone up before your bride’s big day! Use this workout below from the Kb Fitness Solutions, Inc. team to target your Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Chest, Back, Core and Lower Body. For beginners start with 5-8 pound weights and increase as the reps get easier. Follow the pictures of Megan and Lindsay, Personal Trainers at Kb Fitness Solutions Inc. for guidance on each movement!
Walk Outs: Shoulders & Core (Complete 10). Great move for a halter dress which shows off your shoulders.
1. Starting in a standing position bend at the waist and lower hands towards the floor. Try to keep legs as straight as possible until your hands hit the ground.
2. Once hands are placed on the floor walk hands out until your body is parallel and then begin to walk backwards until your hands are back towards feet.
3. Again, keeping legs as straight as possible return to standing and squeeze gluteus at the top.
4. For a tougher movement, add in a pushup and this will work your back muscles as well!
21 Biceps (1 Set of 21). A great twist on a classic move- this will ensure nice toned arms with a wrap dress!
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, a dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides, palms facing forward.
2. Curl dumbbells up to waist apx. 90 degree angles, then lower; do 7 reps.
3. After last rep, curl from waist up to shoulders; lower to waist. Do 7 reps.
4. After last rep, lower arms all the way, and then do 7 full biceps curls, full range of motion (up to shoulders).
Dips: Triceps (Complete 20). Dresses with sleeves draw attention to your arms. For nice definition as you lead the way down the aisle work on your triceps!
1. Seated on a bench or edge of a couch place hands by hips and push yourself off approximately 4 inches, supporting your body with the bench or couch.
2. Bend at the elbows and lower your body down. Your knees will bend during your lower movement.
3. Raise yourself back to the starting position, pausing at the top and contracting your triceps.
Reverse Fly: Shoulders & Mid-Back (Complete 20). Backless dresses are not only daring but sexy! Show off your physique with this movement!
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, a dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides, palms in.
2. Bend from hips and lift arms out to sides at shoulder level, keeping elbows slightly bent, squeeze at the top; lower.
Lunge and Curl: Biceps and Glutes (Complete 10). With a slim A-line dress, ensure a great silhouette by toning out your lower body and arms!
1. Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at your sides.
2. Step back about 3 feet with your right leg, simultaneously curling the dumbbells toward your shoulders as you lower your hips until your left knee is bent 90 degrees and your right knee is a few inches from the floor.
3. Push back up and lower the dumbbells. Repeat, stepping back with your left leg. That’s 1 rep.
One Leg Lateral Lift: Shoulders, Glutes & Outer Thigh (Complete 10 each side) A strapless dress looks great for any body but to really wow the crowd work on your shoulders for an increased definition!
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, a dumbbell in each hand by sides, palms in.
2. Lift left foot behind you and hinge forward from hips until left leg and back are almost parallel to floor.
3. Place left arm beside left leg.
4. Bend right elbow 90 degrees by side and straighten arm behind you; bend elbow and repeat, keeping leg lifted. Do 10 reps. Switch sides; repeat.
Complete this circuit at least 3 times through. As you increase strength, increase your weights or build up to completing this circuit 4 or 5 times. Try to do this circuit every other day. On your off days shoot for 30-45 minutes of cardio exercise; jogging, running, biking, elliptical etc. Email mshincarick@KbFitnessSolutions.com with questions! Kb Fitness Solutions Inc. caters to clients in Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
Getting married or stadning up in a wedding? Visit Chicago’s Bella Bridesmaid location, at 1 East Delaware, Suite 200, or E-mail email@example.com or call 312.943.0344 to schedule an appointment, Tuesday through Sunday. To stay up to date with wedding trends, bridal events or just to get inspired visit Be U Weddings site. An online blogazine for Brides to get daily advice and inspiration.